Wednesday 2 June 2010

DISCO Sucks



I was on Holiday last month and whilst taking photos I noticed that our friends on the continent are not afraid of the word Disco. Here it's a bit of a dirty word that conjures up images of afro wigs and flared trouser. Recently I have been listening to some selected Disco that I thought I would share with you.



If you have not listened to decent disco I would say it's worth checking out, especially if you are in to acts like LCD Soundsystem, any indie band that have used a cow bell, or House music (I thought the Duck Sauce track was genius until I heard "I can do it" and realised it was more like a re-edit).

Studio 54 DJ booth

This is in no way a definitive list, but if you have a BBQ coming up in the next few weeks stick them on a play list.

P.S. The Native New Yorker track has a terrible intro but keep with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment