Monday 8 June 2009

A night with friends



Saturday (6th June) was the first Uprock and Friends. Here's what we got up to and some of the songs that we played:















When I first heard that Pixelh8 was going to be DJing I was expecting to assalted with beeps and buzzes that I had not heard since playing my Sega Master System.

So I was surprised to hear a set made up of soul and funk. I was also pleased to find out where the sample in Mama Said Knock you out comes from.

Here is James at the start of the night putting his tunes together.

As you can see he’s working hard. The work paid off with tracks from - Daniel Johnston, TV On The Radio and Crystal Fighters.

The Cheek boys had signed a record deal with Universal on Thursday so as you can imagine they were in high spirits.

Highlights included Eric B and Rakim, Phoenix and Paris Hilton - which was cut short because they had to leave to catch a plane to Ibiza to write some new songs.

Thanks to all the guys for turning up and sharing some of their favourite songs. It was an eventful evening to say the least.

p.s. If anyone is interested I enjoyed playing MSTRKRFT feat John Legend

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment